The mission of First Christian Church is to inspire each other to reach out to the un-churched and to serve and share with our community by proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Celebrate God’s presence with joy and love
- Demonstrate God’s love through ministry and mission
- Communicate God’s Word through evangelism and mission
- Celebrate diversity among God’s family
- Educate God’s people through discipleship and fellowship
Basic beliefs of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Open Communion
The Lord’s Supper, or Communion, is celebrated in weekly worship and it is open to all who believe in Jesus Christ.
- The Oneness of the Church
All Christians are called to be one in Christ and to seek opportunities for common witness and service.
- Freedom of Belief
As Disciples, we are called together around two essentials of faith: a belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and that Christians are free to follow their conscience guided by the Bible, the Holy Spirit, study, prayer and are expected to extend that freedom to others.
- Baptism by Immersion
In baptism, the self-centered life is set aside, washed away and a new life of trust in God begins. Although Disciples practice baptism by immersion, other baptism traditions are honored.
- The Ministry of Believers
Both ordained ministers and laypersons lead in worship, service and spiritual growth.
And above all that, Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God who offers saving grace through His Son, to all who seeks it.